Thursday, February 28, 2019

hello blogspot my old friend

i've come to say i'm here again
and for how long i dooon't know
and why i write this i dooon't know

and the sign flashed out its warning

ok that's from the real song and i'm no Paul Simon and you are no Lester Bangs, so let's get on with it.

I've started writing again; one I'd like to finish but I'm afraid of it because I started it as a different person - as a girl really and I am just not her anymore. She can be accessed though; I just think it will take years off my life to go back in time like that, you know? Probably not because that probably doesn't make sense.
ahhhhhhh but it does

The other one I have to start and finish and no excuses that's it amanda.
My birthday, which was a couple weeks ago, marked 10 years that I've lived in New York. I signed my first lease in Bay Ridge, 2009. God 2009, you were awful. And I was awful in 2009. It's when I began to be awful. Awful in a different way than I had been. But it was that ugliness that grew a beauty within, and for that I treasure every goddamn awful moment. Thank you awful new york thank you awful hard living.

You've made me nearly indestructible and I can't hate you for that, Heat and Hot Water Included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment